July 02, 2011

Beaver High Adventure Camp - Girl's Camp

I was lucky enough to get to go to girl's camp again this year since I am in the Young Women. I love my calling and I truly love the girls that are in my ward. Each of them are so amazing and I was able to get to know some of them so much better while we were up at camp! We were lucky enough to get to go to this beautiful place....I love the little yellow flowers scattered and that there was still a little snow up on the mountain tips!
BEAVER HIGH ADVENTURE CAMP - outside of Beaver, Utah

Seriously...the scenery could not have been more incredible. The sun was out and everything went so well. We all got to do some pretty awesome stuff while there...zip lining, the running squirrel, and lots of other technical courses. It was lots of fun! I think I enjoyed these as much as the girls - haha! While up there we were able to be in God's beautiful creations and feel of the Spirit so strongly. I love that about being able to get away from everything going on in the world and just escape for one purpose and that is to get closer to our Heavenly Father. I know that while I was there I came closer to him and had my testimony strengthened. I am so grateful for the experiences I was able to share and have while up at camp and be around such great girls and other leaders. I will cherish these memories forever!
Emili took some really great photos. Here are a few:

A day filled full of adventure...FUN!
Me on the "running squirrel" :)
enjoying the sunshine between activities
cruizin on the zip line
Our group was working together on activities learning to "trust" and "rely" on others. Somewhow I got talked into participating in all of them...this one was the scariest. Though I was going to get dropped. Don't worry, they caught me. I am ok.
Our YW are so AWESOME! I love them and have so much fun with them all...usually I get tied in with them as being counted as a YW too. For now, I don't mind, nor do I correct anyone. HaHa
Group shot, just missing a few of our other awesome leaders!
Thanks for the wonderful memories - Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. Kylee, I am a Young Women's President in Utah County and I'd love to have our girls go to the Beaver High adventure camp as well. I looked up the camp and it said girls need to be 14yrs and older to participate in most of the high adventure activities. I have over 40 girls in my ward and almost half of them are beehives! With half my girls being younger than 14 and not able to participate in the 'big' activities would it be worth going? Did you have younger girls go? What did they do while your older girls were on the adventure course? If you have any suggestions for my ward, I'd love to get your input. My girls have been begging for a high adventure and this camp looks amazing. I just want it to be amazing for ALL my sweet young women. You are welcome to take my comment off your blog and just email me if you'd prefer. melanie@browerfamily.org Thanks much!

    ReplyDelete