Being a leader in the YW in my ward, I was able to go to Girls Camp this year! It was up at Kolob Mountain --- absolutely beautiful up there... however, getting there was quite the journey (literally)...it was quite the place off of the beaten path for sure. Once I got there though, it was awesome! The views were absolutely BREATHTAKING! I got up there on Thursday evening and we hung out, had cheese & crackers with smoked oysters (apparently that is tradition with Bro. Boothe), played games, made some yummy white chili, performed some hilarious skits, and stayed up too late to function! It was so great to be up there with the girls and with the other leaders. :)
Here is one of the amazing look out points
So on Friday we woke up, went up the crooked trail to have our morning devotional and went back to make breakfast, which by the way was pretty cool. We made omelets and what we did was put all the ingredients we wanted in our omelet in a plastic baggy and then you put it in a pot to boil it up! Awesome huh? Nice way not to have to clean NASTY pans. In the afternoon we had our craft. We made the cutest scripture bags, but boy they took FOREVER to make....they turned out so cute though! We definitely felt very accomplished once we finished them... After lunch we got ready for our hike! It was so beautiful on the hike and we took lots of fun pictures of the girls! We got back and figured out who had who who for secret sisters, had another yummy dinner, and had an amazing testimony meeting, and went back up the crooked trail to look at the constellations to end the night!
picture break on the hike :) CHEESE!

top of crooked trail - look out of Kolob Reservoir
us leaders...Emili, Me, Stef, & De'dy
Saturday we got up and going... had a great closing devotional, had the most delicious cinnamon rolls that Dona made for all of us, and got to cleaning up camp! After we got camp packed up and everything all packed up in the cars, the girls sang the hymn "If You Could Hie to Kolob." They have such amazing voices....it was a great way to leave camp and head home! (We were all ready for a nice clean shower!)
I am so glad that I was able to go to girls camp this year...I had so much fun getting to know all of the girls and the leaders better - such amazing women that I was surrounded by. It was a great escape from reality to be able to be up in God's beautiful creations! I love being in the young womens and have learned so much from these wonderful girls! Love you all!
How fun Ky! I bet all the girls just adore you :) It looks so pretty where you went! I'm glad you had a fun time! And I'm glad to see you and Kyle are doing so well!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you enjoyed girl's camp....I had good times there as a camper and a leader...Love you!
ReplyDelete