I can't bleieve it has been ten years since all of this took place. I remember the day quite clearly. Watched it on the news while eating breakfast, pretty unbelievable. How could that be happening? We had to head out to school, pretty chaotic there too. Everyone was pretty shook up about it. We had a lot of students who had parents in the Air Force, since the base was so close, and also quite a few who were getting ready to enlist come graduation. I remember having a volleyball game that night, it was away at another school, but it was pretty neat to have such a union with everyone at it. We never had a prayer before a game with both teams and everyone in attendance before, but that night we did. It was pretty cool to see lots of people of all different faiths turn to Heavenly Father for that help and comfort that he can always provide. Unfortunately, it sometimes takes tragedies for people to turn to him, but atleast it is a step in the right direction.
I personally didn't know anyone there in the towers, but watching all the documentaries and tributes on the History Channel sure were hard to watch and made you feel connected in some way -we are all American.
God Bless America - we truly are blessed to live in this free country!
So glad you shared! It's a huge milestone! P.s. It was nice to see you the other night, love you
ReplyDelete