Being a young woman leader in my ward I get to do lots of fun things for our activities during the week, but I especially love it when we get to serve others. Last night we had the opportunity to be in charge of the FHE at Porter's elderly home. Gosh, what a fun group of people that were there with us to celebrate and remember that this is the season of giving and reflect upon our life and all that our Savior has done for us. We are all so truly blessed. Well they all had lots to say and were glad to have us over for a good time to play my "christmas" bingo! Who doesn't love bingo right? Better yet bingo where you get prizes! :)
Anyways, I have such a soft spot in my heart for the elderly. My heart is always so full after something like this. I love that they teach me so much, have lovely stories to tell, and they genuinely care about you, even if you just met. In my community growing up I had the opportunity to get to know some really wonderful people and I continue to cherish those memories and those who have touched my life. May we all grasp on to the spirit this Christmas season and remember the true meaning.
No comments:
Post a Comment