This was the Program for Papa's Funeral Service - I think it turned out perfectly.
Seriously, was he not the most handsome man? I think so! I love you Papa!
The service for Papa turned out so perfectly. First off, I have never seen the GF Chapel filled the way that it was with so many people there. What a Tribute to my Papa. Every chair inside was used and backed up through the overflow back to the end of the cultural hall too, and then even had people standing. It was quite a sight to see. Papa was loved by so many people. Everything that was said was so fitting and was so comforting to hear again or even for the first time. Aunt Denise gave the Life Sketch, Hailey and Casey wrote a poem, "Tribute to Our Papa" (See above - they did a FANTASTIC job!) that I was honored to read for them at the service (I prayed so hard to make it through and I did until I was done), Davy did an incredible job and reminded us what a "workhorse" Ginny and Papa are to everyone they are around, President Waddoups addressed us and shared some scriptures with us that were so applicable to Papa and the kind of man he is and shared a few funny stories about calling him to be a Bishop at 73. He was definately the Patriarch of our family and we will never forget him and the loving example that he set for all of us to follow. The music was really great too, Miss Field sang "Daddy's Hands" which happens to be one of my favorites, and she is such a dear family freind, that she of course added her own personal touch to the song. I loved it.
After the service we of course then went over for Uncle Dale to Dedicate the Grave and we followed the funeral line over to the cemetary, Tyler had Papa's truck and trailer parked on the road above the cemetary with Trophy, Papa's horse, tied up to the trailer. As the hearse was pulling into the cemetary, Trophy just happened to make a loud whinnie...that was really special to hear. We then headed back to the Church where the Relief Society prepared a wonderful meal for so many of us. It was so great of them to do that for us. It was delicious and it was so nice to get to visit with so many of our dear family and friends that had traveled quite some ways.




It was a great day....we are so happy we were able to come! Your family is pretty special! Have fun meeting that sweet little baby niece of yours!
ReplyDelete